Yoshi's Island Zone
|Yoshi's Island Zone|
|Franchise||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|First appearance||Sonic Lost World (Wii U) (2013)|
|Located||Windy Hill, Yoshi's Island|
Yoshi's Island Zone is a DLC Zone featured in the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World. The level in particular is a crossover between the Yoshi franchise and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and it features a design based on Yoshi's Story in particular.
In Yoshi's Island Zone, Sonic travels to Yoshi's Island to save the Yoshis. Sonic travels through a 2.5D side-scrolling Zone featuring an influx of items from both the Sonic the Hedgehog and Yoshi franchises. The level contains elements from various Yoshi games such as Blue Warp Pipes, Piranha Plants, and Shy Guys. Rings are replaced with Coins too.
Throughout the level there are Yoshi Eggs that can be picked up. If the player then completes the level without taking any damage, the eggs hatch into various colored Yoshis and give Sonic several 1-Ups. After beating Yoshi's Island Zone, the level disappears until the player gets another 100,000 points.
30-second sample of the zone's theme music
- The Rings are replaced with coins from the Yoshi franchise.
- The Red Star Rings are replaced with the Smiley Flowers from Yoshi's Island. The flowers can be used as a bonus in a Goal Ring roulette which gives Sonic another 1-Up if it lands on one.
- Yoshi's Story previously appeared in a Dream Event for Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- This is the second DLC stage to be released for Sonic Lost World, after the NiGHTMARE Zone.
- Instead of using the Warp Pipe sound from actual Mario games, a new version of the sound was recreated for this Zone.
- In the DLC trailer for the game, Sonic, Tails, and Yoshi are represented by cobalt-colored African pygmy hedgehog, a red fox that has only one tail, and a tyrannosaurus rex, while Dr. Eggman is depicted as a tan chicken's egg with his trademark mustache applied in a cartoonish fashion.
- The music that plays in this zone is a remix of a track from Yoshi's Island called "Flower Garden".