From the Sega Wiki, the Sega encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
The Sega Wiki is a wiki all about Sega, a third-party company that has produced several video games, merchandise, and other media. This page is to clarify the coverage that is allowed on the wiki and what is not.
First and foremost, the Sega Wiki is about Sega themselves, their franchises (e.g. Sonic the Hedgehog and Phantasy Star), and any other games they have developed (e.g. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games) as well as any content appearing within their media.
What is allowed
- Sega games: Any games that have been developed and/or published by Sega can be covered here. This includes properties belonging to other companies, such as Nintendo's flagship Mario franchise, although one should only cover the appearances with Sega's involvement (e.g. we don't need an article about Super Mario Bros. 3 because it is unrelated).
- This also includes games of companies in which Sega owns their library but did not have any sort of involvement back at the time they were developed, such as Sammy (Rolan's Curse, Vice: Project Doom, Viewpoint, etc.) and Technosoft (Thunder Force, Herzog, etc.).
- For Atlus content on non-Sega systems, only games that carry Sega in their copyright line should be covered, which is pretty much everything starting from 2013 after Atlus become part of Sega Sammy Group.
- Content within Sega-related media: Any subjects within media produced or published by Sega may receive their own article, such as characters, items, locations, and enemies; the same rule applies to third-party and licensed content for Sega consoles. On a side note, one may add Super Smash Bros. content for non-Sega subjects that have crossed over with one or more of their franchises in another title or series (e.g. King Boo has Super Smash Bros. information because he appears in the Mario & Sonic series), although only for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and onward because Sega had no involvement with Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Video game designers: Make sure the video game designer has helped Sega create a video game.
- Video game products: This includes memorabilia, soundtracks, and any other merchandise relating to Sega.
- Video game companies: Make sure the company has collaborated with Sega.
- Walkthroughs: When writing a walkthrough, be sure to use the Walkthrough namespace (i.e. the "Walkthrough:" prefix).
- Credits: The credits of a video game. If you included uncredited people, be sure you make note of it in the article. A game credits page should be titled "List of [game name] credits."
- Galleries: We allow image and media galleries for subjects on the "Gallery:" namespace, whether it be a game, a company, a video game designer, a concept, or a subject in general.