Dream Fencing (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Nintendo DS)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Controls||Move: Left and right on the Control Pad or the A and Y Buttons.|
Swing epée: Slide on Touch Screen.
Special Attack: Slide down on Touch Screen.
Dream Fencing is a Dream Event that appears in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to fully deplete the opponent's health, with the event taking place in Blue Sky Field. It is unlocked by completing the Satellite Circuit, with Toad appearing as a referee.
In this event, the player takes part in a four player tournament, initially plying a match against a random opponent, before proceeding to either a first place match against the other winner if they win the first match, or the third place match against the other loser if they do not. In the match, the player is able to move by pressing either let and right on , or for right and for left. If the player presses the button twice quickly, they can perform a quick step in their desired direction. To attack the opponent, the player must slide towards them on the Touch Screen to perform a thrust, which will cause them to lose some health if the player is close enough to hit them. To block an attack from the other character, the player can slide upwards on the Touch Screen to perform a parry, which will cause the opponent to falter. If the player is parried themselves, they must slide left and right on the Touch Screen to regain their a balance and be able to fight again. The player can also feint by sliding away from their opponent. Over time, the player will charge up a special attack, which is indicated by a meter on the upper screen. The player can store up multiple attacks, and can use them by sliding downwards on the Touch Screen. Each character's attack is unique, and if used successfully will cause the character to lose a lot of health. If a special attack is performed close enough to the edge of the strip, the character may "Ring out", meaning that they will fly out of the ring and take significantly more damage. The player wins the event by either completely depleting the other character's health meter, or by having the most health left when the timer runs out. The length of time can be adjusted in the set rules menu, with the player being able to choose from 1, 2, 3, 5 or ∞.
- Use the stylus and buttons to play this event.
- Move left and right with the +Control Pad, or press the Y Button for left and the A Button for right.
- Input quickly in the same direction to take a quick step.
- Slide toward your opponent on the Touch Screen to attack your opponent.
- Reduce your opponent's health to zero to win the match.
- Slide upwards on the Touch Screen to parry your opponent's attacks.
- Your opponent will falter.
- Slide away from your opponent to perform a feint.
- When the special attack meter on the top screen is full, slide downward on the Touch Screen to do a special attack.
- You can delay the special attack timing by sliding downward and keeping the stylus on the Touch Screen.
- Bowser: Bowser's sixth mission is to defeat Vector.
- Sonic: Sonic's fifth mission is to knock his opponent out of the ring three times to win.
- Shadow: Shadow's fourth mission is to win the match using a special attack as the final move.
- Waluigi: Waluigi's sixth mission is to defeat Dr. Eggman.