|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)|
Dream Bobsleigh is a Dream Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. The objective of the event is to complete the course in the fastest time, with the event taking place at Nocturnus Gate. To unlock this event, the player must reach day 3 in Festival Mode. The starting record for this event is held by Silver with a time of 1:52.485.
The gameplay of this Dream Event is heavily based on the Special Stages that appear in Sonic Heroes, with the music that plays during the event being an arrangement of the music that plays in those stages.
in this event, the player starts by swinging the Wii Remote downwards. Doing so with perfect timing will grant the player a small speed boost, however doing so too early will cause the player to have a delayed start. Once the sled is moving, the player must shake the Wii Remote up and down to accelerate, with greater acceleration achieved by swinging faster. When the sled crosses the red line, the player must press to board the sled. The sooner after crossing the line the player presses the button, the greater the initial boost the led will receive. Once in the tunnel, the player must tilt the Wii Remote left and right to move around the tunnel. The player must collect the colored balls found along the tunnel, which grant an additional speed boost for every ten collected. The balls will temporarily disappear after being collected, but will eventually respawn. The course also features several Dash Panels, which give the player a speed boost when passed over. The player will lose some colored balls if they hit the spikes or fan blades found along the course, which will cause their current total of colored balls to halve. Each fan has three blades, though the blades will disappear when they are hit. Item Boxes also appear along the course, which the player can collect to obtain an item. The items can be used by pressing , and have a number of effects:
- Green Shell: Flies straight forward and causes anyone that it hits to lose speed. Can be blocked using a Super Star or Barrier.
- Red Shell: Homes in on the opponent directly in front of the player and causes them to lose speed when hit. Can be blocked using a Super Star or Barrier.
- Super Star: Grants the player invincibility and a speed boost for a short amount of time. Also causes other characters that are hit to lose speed.
- Lightning: Strikes all of the opponents with Lightning, causing them to lose speed. can be blocked using a Super Star or a Barrier.
- Fake Item Box: Places a Fake Item Box behind the player on the course that causes characters who run into it to lose speed. Can be blocked using a Super Star or Barrier.
- High Speed Shoes: Grants the player a speed boost for a short amount of time.
- Barrier: Indefinitely protects the player from one hit.
After leaving the tunnel, the player can shake the Wii Remote up and down to accelerate for the final stretch of the race. The competitor that reaches the end of the course in the fastest time wins the event.
- In the Dream Bobsleigh event, teams of four athletes race down a pipe track and compete for the shortest time to the finish.
- With facing you, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest and tilt your body left and right to play.
- Sled freely on any surface within the 360° tube track!
- Shake the Wii Remote when the count of "3, 2, 1, GO!" reaches "GO!" to perform a starting dash.
- Once the race begins, swing the Wii Remote up and down to build up speed.
- When appears, it's time to board the sled. Quickly press for a dash!
- After boarding, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest to control the sld. Tilt left or right to steer the sled.
- Swing the Wii Remote for a final sprint on the straightaway before the goal line!
- Press to use items.
- Collect the colored balls placed along the track for a boost in speed.
- Run into spikes of fan blades, and you'll lose your colored balls and valuable speed.
- Steer clear of obstacles and aim for dash panels in order to maximise your speed and finish in record time.
- When playing as a team, the icons of players who are leaning in synch with the others will glow.
- Use those glowing icons to see if you're in synch with the rest of your team!
- When thrown, Green Shells travel in a straight line, and will knock down any character the hit.
- Red Shells automatically home in on their target and send the character the hit flying.
- Collect a Super Star to become invincible and move faster than normal for a set time. Bumping into other characters will knock them down.
- Lightning will strike your opponents and knock them down.
- Fake Item Boxes look just like the real thing, but will knock down anyone who touches them.
- Using High Speed Shoes will boost your speed for a set time, letting you go faster.
- The Barrier shields you from a single attack.
Names in other languages