|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Info||Propel yourself in the air and perform somersaults and twists during flight. A maximum of 10 points will be awarded on your performance, including the angle of your entry. Your final score will be the total of three attempts.|
|Controls||Jump: Press the A Button.|
Perform moves: Press the A, B, X and Y buttons.
Enter water: Press the A Button.
10m Platform is an Aquatics Event featured exclusively in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Aquatics Center. The aim of the event is to score as many points as possible by performing tricks during the dives. This event is unlocked by placing first in the Comet Circuit. 10m Platform features both Lakitu and Toad as judges.
This event stats with the character approaching the end of the platform, before the player presses and holds . This will cause a meter to rapidly fill and deplete, which will allow the character to jump when the player releases . Releasing when the meter is completely filled will grant either a "Good" or "Great" rating, causing the character to jump higher, score more points and have more time to input commands. Once the height of the dive has been reached and the character begins their descent, the player will be prompted to input a series of commands using , , , and . The commands become increasingly harder each jump, and are as follows:
- First dive:
- Second dive:
- Third dive:
The player will score more points for inputting more of the commands correctly and in a faster time. If the player presses an incorrect button, they will not be penalized but will have to press the correct button to continue. Players will score more points for successful combos and may also be ranked "Good" or "Great" based on them. After a certain amount of time, regardless of whether all of the commands have been inputted or not, the screen will darken and the character will slow down to prepare to enter the water. When the arrow above the character's head is pointing straight down towards the water, the player can press to enter the water. The angle at which they enter will affect their score, with an angle closer to 0° being best. They will also be ranked on the angle, potentially receiving "Good", "Great" or "Perfect" ranks. After the player enters the water, they are given their score. Each dive is given a different score out of ten, with the sum of all three being the player's overall score for the event that will decide their final ranking.
- Use the buttons to play this event.
- Press and hold the A Button. When the meter is full, release the A Button to jump!
- In midair, input the commands on the top screen one after the other.
- Enter more commands for bigger moves!
- After the screen darkens, get ready to press the A Button at the proper timing to enter the water.
- Press the A Button when the triangular arrow above your head is pointed straight down for clean entry!
- Input more commands to perform more rotations and twists. Precisely adjust your water entry angle for a higher score.
- Knuckles: Knuckles's third mission is to achieve a "Great" or "Perfect" rating for all aspects of the event.
- Blaze: Blaze's third mission is to achieve a combo of 20 when performing aerial moves.
- Yoshi: Yoshi's first mission is to enter the water at an angle between 170 and 180°.
- Peach: Peach's third mission is to perform a combo of 10 or more while performing aerial moves.
Names in other languages
|10m High Dive|