100m (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Nintendo DS)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Info||Take an early lead with a start dash at the beginning of the race, then slide the stylus left and right to sprint all the way across the finish line|
|Controls||Charge: Touch and hold the Touch Screen.|
Start: Slide stylus right
Run: Slide stylus left and right.
100m is a track Athletics Event which appears in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to run the 100 meters in the fastest time. The starting world record for this event is 9.74 seconds, and the starting Olympic record is 9.84 seconds.
This event starts with the characters and their lane numbers being introduced, before showing them all in the starting position. When "Ready?" appears on the screen, the player is able to touch and hold the stylus on the Touch Screen to build up power and allow them to perform a faster start. When "Go!" appears on screen, the player can slide the stylus to the right to start running. If the player slides too early, the player will perform a foul and the event will be restarted. The event will then rerun as normal, but if the player performs a foul once again, they will be initially slowed down by a Boo. Once the player has started running, they must slide left and right on the touch screen to build up speed and run faster. When the player approaches the finish line, an exclamation mark will appear above the character's head, meaning that the player is able to tap once on the Touch Screen to lunge and cross the finish line faster. The character who finishes first at the end of the event will be the winner.
- Use the stylus to play this event.
- When "READY?" appears, touch and keep contact with the Touch Screen to build up power.
- When "GO!" appears, slide right to start!
- Run by sliding left and right on the Touch Screen.
- Blaze: Blaze's fourth mission is to finish within 0.5 seconds of Peach's time.
- Sonic: Sonic's first mission is to win the race after performing a Start Dash.
- Shadow: Shadow's first mission is to stay ahead of Sonic.
- Wario: Wario's first mission is to place second after performing a lunge.
- Mario: Mario's sixth mission is to beat Sonic.
Names in other languages